Standard ISO 22000 "Food safety management systems- Requirements" is a voluntary standard for the certification of food safety management systems.
The main objectives of this new standard are:
The standard is aimed at all those involved in the food chain: farms, feed mills, livestock businesses, food companies, supermarkets, retailers and wholesale traders, transportation companies, packaging and food machinery producers, suppliers of products for cleaning and sanitising, and service providers.
Harmonised standards relating to:
- OHSAS 18001/2007 "Requirements"
- OHSAS 18002/2008 "Guidelines"
- UNI EN ISO 14001/2004 "Environmental Management System/Requirements"
- UNI EN ISO 14004/2010 "Environmental Management System/Support Techniques"
- UNI EN ISO 9000/2005 "Quality Management Systems - Vocabulary"
- UNI EN ISO 9001/2008 "Quality Management Systems - Requirements"
- UNI EN ISO 19011/2012 "Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems"
- UNI EN ISO 3834 "Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials"
Part 1: choice criteria;
Part 2: extended quality requirements;
Part 3: normal quality requirements;
Part 4: elementary quality requirements;
Part 5: documents to conform to for declaring conformity.