Inspections on the recreational craft (private/rental) must be carried out in order to verify compliance with certain minimum boat safety requirements, as established by the applicable technical standards.This verification then enables the issuance of a certificate of suitability to use for the renewal, validation, or issue of the "security certificate" by the competent Harbour Master.
These checks are performed to obtain the Safety Certificate, and to verify the maintenance of the safety requirements on a periodic basis (5 years from the first issue) or abnormal events (e.g. in case of an accident).
Even recreational craft used for hire are subjected to initial, periodic and occasional tests.
- OHSAS 18001/2007 "Requirements"
- OHSAS 18002/2008 "Guidelines"
- UNI EN ISO 14001/2004 "Environmental Management System/Requirements"
- UNI EN ISO 14004/2010 "Environmental Management System/Support Techniques"
- UNI EN ISO 9000/2005 "Quality Management Systems - Vocabulary"
- UNI EN ISO 9001/2008 "Quality Management Systems - Requirements"
- UNI EN ISO 19011/2012 "Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems"
- UNI EN ISO 3834 "Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials"
Part 1: choice criteria;
Part 2: extended quality requirements;
Part 3: normal quality requirements;
Part 4: elementary quality requirements;
Part 5: documents to conform to for declaring conformity.