Inspection is a service aimed at the release of the Certification of Eligibility "for the purposes of renewal, validation or release of the "Security Certificate":
The renewal visits of the safety certificate are performed after 8 or 10 years from the first release of the certificate and then every 5 years (periodic visits).
The occasional visits to validate the Security Certificate are performed in the event that the unit has reported a fault or if the owner has brought innovation or non-essential technical changes with regard to the construction (e.g.engine change without variation of the power).
The initial visits for issuing the certificate of safety for enrolment in the Italian registers are implemented in the case of boats that are self-made or boats that are not CE marked coming from a Member State or from outside the EU and placed on the market or in service in one of the Member States before 16 June 1998.Also in cases where the security certificate has expired by more than six months.
On the instruction of the Port Authorities, Maritime District Office or the Office of Motor Vehicles, inspection visits are also carried out for release of the Certification for eligibility with a single or test trip.
The following recreational craft intended for navigation in inland waters:
The rules are defined in the Regulations implementing the Boating Code (formalised with the Decree of the Italian Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport No. 146 of 29 July 2008) and the Ministerial Circular Prot. No. 4385 of 11/03/2009, which is explanatory on the administrative and procedural details on how to perform safety checks.
- OHSAS 18001/2007 "Requirements"
- OHSAS 18002/2008 "Guidelines"
- UNI EN ISO 14001/2004 "Environmental Management System/Requirements"
- UNI EN ISO 14004/2010 "Environmental Management System/Support Techniques"
- UNI EN ISO 9000/2005 "Quality Management Systems - Vocabulary"
- UNI EN ISO 9001/2008 "Quality Management Systems - Requirements"
- UNI EN ISO 19011/2012 "Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems"
- UNI EN ISO 3834 "Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials"
Part 1: choice criteria;
Part 2: extended quality requirements;
Part 3: normal quality requirements;
Part 4: elementary quality requirements;
Part 5: documents to conform to for declaring conformity.