Standard ISO 22005 incorporates the Italian standards UNI 10939 on "Traceability system in agricultural food chains" and UNI 11020 on "Traceability system in agri-food companies" and applies to the entire food sector, including pet food production.
This standard is the international reference document for the certification of agricultural and food traceability systems.
The implementation of traceability systems in companies and food chains is an indispensable tool for:
The traceability system alone is not able to guarantee the safety of the agri-food product, but can surely give an important contribution to the achievement of this objective.
In fact, if hygienic type non-compliance occurs, this certification enables a company to go back to the point in the supply chain where the problem originated, proceeding, if necessary, with the "targeted" withdrawal of the product.
In the design of a traceability system, the following aspects must necessarily be defined:
- OHSAS 18001/2007 "Requirements"
- OHSAS 18002/2008 "Guidelines"
- UNI EN ISO 14001/2004 "Environmental Management System/Requirements"
- UNI EN ISO 14004/2010 "Environmental Management System/Support Techniques"
- UNI EN ISO 9000/2005 "Quality Management Systems - Vocabulary"
- UNI EN ISO 9001/2008 "Quality Management Systems - Requirements"
- UNI EN ISO 19011/2012 "Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems"
- UNI EN ISO 3834 "Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials"
Part 1: choice criteria;
Part 2: extended quality requirements;
Part 3: normal quality requirements;
Part 4: elementary quality requirements;
Part 5: documents to conform to for declaring conformity.