The fusion welding process is widely used in the creation of many industrial products.In some companies it constitutes the distinctive element of production both from an economic point of view, and in consideration of the finished product's quality.
It is therefore important to ensure that the welding is carried out efficiently and that proper controls are applied to all aspects that influence the process.
The reference standard (ISO 3834) is the instrument by which the manufacturer can control the elements that affect the quality of the weld.
The welding quality certification is applicable to a wide range of companies, that is, to all companies that are:
Harmonised standards relating to:
- OHSAS 18001/2007 "Requirements"
- OHSAS 18002/2008 "Guidelines"
- UNI EN ISO 14001/2004 "Environmental Management System/Requirements"
- UNI EN ISO 14004/2010 "Environmental Management System/Support Techniques"
- UNI EN ISO 9000/2005 "Quality Management Systems - Vocabulary"
- UNI EN ISO 9001/2008 "Quality Management Systems - Requirements"
- UNI EN ISO 19011/2012 "Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems"
- UNI EN ISO 3834 "Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials"
Part 1: choice criteria;
Part 2: extended quality requirements;
Part 3: normal quality requirements;
Part 4: elementary quality requirements;
Part 5: documents to conform to for declaring conformity.